Glass has become an integral part of residential and commercial designing projects. From fixing the glasses of windows to decorative pieces, glass has various uses, and its successful installation, repair, and replacement depend on the glazier.
Glazier is a skilled tradesman who provides services like installing glass windows, skylights, storefront glasses, display cases, removing and replacing glasses. This is a job of precision, and hence you must hire only the best professional for this task. You wouldn’t risk the job of installing something as fragile as glass with a naïve professional.
In this blog, we will be sharing some of the key roles performed by a glass cutting and repairing expert and the tips that will help you find the best contractor for the job.
Work done by a glazier
- They study the blueprint and follow the same while choosing the size, type, and thickness of the glass.
- Removing the broken or cracked glass and replacing it with a new one.
- Cutting the glass as per specifications mentioned in the blueprint.
- Fasten the glasses into the frames using fasteners or other specified techniques.
- Adding seal or putty around pane edges to seal the joints.
Tips for finding the best glazier
If you believe that fixing the glass or replacing it is DIY (Do It Yourself), then you are mistaken since it’s an intricate job and you must start looking for a professional to get it done. Taking charge of all the work all by yourself will only lead to mess, and result in loss of both time and money. Only a professional glass repair tradesman can fix the task without any glitches. The following pointers will help make the right decisions when it comes to choosing a glazier.
- Look for a professional- We have emphasized this pointer repeatedly in the last few sections. Working with glass involves risk, and the work must be done with precision. For example, if you are replacing the window panes, then they must be sealed properly. Only a professional will know about such nuances. They will first visit your space, assess your requirement, and based on it, will recommend the right course of action.
- Experience counts- When you are looking for a professional glass repair contractor, your focus should be to find the one who is experienced. An experienced professional will know the intricacies of the process and will be able to fix any issue with ease.
- Check the reviews and ratings- Experience and professionalism matter the most, but how do you know that the professional you are hiring lives up to the claims? You must check their reviews and ratings. Assessing the rating will give you an insight into the professional approach of the contractor and its portfolio.
- Guarantee of their work- This is a key factor that you must not ignore. A professional contractor would never hesitate to give an assurance of their work. You must assess the approach of the contract towards your work and then decide whether the person is suitable for your task or not.
- Ask for quotations- Well, we would recommend not limiting your option with the first contractor you encounter. Instead, you must always shortlist a few options. When you have 2- 3 professional and reputed contracts on your list, speak to them individually and discuss your requirements, and ask for the quotation for their work. Compare all the parameters that we have highlighted here along with the amount they charge, and then make the final call.
Wrapping it up !!!
These are a few of the basic pointers that you must always have on your checklist. Glass repair or replacement is a job of great precision, and only a professional contractor can assure you of flawless work. Make sure that you thoroughly assess the qualification of the glazier before hiring.